Cosmos paintings infused with crystals on wood cradled panels. All brushwork (no airbrushing). Finished with 1/4″ resin, polish & wax.
“I’ve been creating orginal artwork since a child, however painting for the past 22 years in acrylics. Exploring abstract creations with bold colours was my pursuit during my first 20 years.”
While moving into my heartspace within a mediation in 2013, I was hit with a flash of information that lasted momentarily, but showed me an image of myself a year from that time. Within that flash, I could see the art I was creating and it was nothing like what I had been doing. The emotions/intuition contained within that single image showed me the instruction and process to apply to my work so to obtain this goal.
The first part I could see was that I was to do everything completely opposite to what I’ve done for the previous 22 years of painting. Instead of working in solid/opaque colours; to work in all transparent colours; if I begin ‘thinking’ about what to create; I was to stop and let it go; the direction from my heartspace would transcend all rational creativity.
* Instead of working in solid layers, to work in transparent layers.
* Create work that is gem like; has a slick nature that compels you to touch.
* Each piece is created using materials not reliant on other technologies.
* Before starting each piece; it is coated with 4 layers of professional grade gesso with sanding in between each layer. This process begins the bond between myself and the panel which allows the creativity to begin flowing.
* I was shown the works covered in a super thick layer of UV epoxy resin with perfect 1/4″ flood coats.
* Original artwork is generally preferred to not be photographed by the public; so I am to create work that encourages the viewer to take photos in front of it… To immerse within and document themselves in that moment.
* Each piece is created using a single brunel paintbrush that is attached to the back of the piece when completed, along with a Certificate of Authenticity detailing every product used within the piece.
* Each piece is numbered with a HASHTAG (example: #EXHALEART7), which can be searched online using the number associated with it & will bring up every photo posted throughout the creation process. Tagboard.com is recommended for this. View a sample here – https://tagboard.com/exhaleart7
This process also digitally stamps the date range of creation and authenticity of each piece as a result.
* The paint is infused with crystals that have specific properties relevant to the piece being created to give the viewer an unintentionally recognized emotion attached to the viewing.
* Many of the large format paintings are created on a panel sized within the Phi Ratio or Divine Proportions 1.618.
* All painting are created laying flat and generally upside down from their final viewing position.
* All paintings are to be finished using the highest quality epoxy resin with UV inhibitors added to increase durability and archival longevity.
* I use a 3 part Meguair’s cleaning/polish/wax process on the finished piece to add extra UV protection and prevents fingerprints.
“My family is the backbone to what I do. The inspiration that opens my heart and keeps the drive to create daily. I love my family more than anything else and my/our desire is to be together as much as possible; to support each other; to grow, learn and experience life.”